A Special Open Enrollment season is happening now. Here are answers to some common enrollment and subsidies questions.
Open Enrollment is now!
If you like wasting money, go ahead and skip this year’s Obamacare special open enrollment period. The carriers this year for most of the state are the same as 2020 but the plans and pricing will vary from company to company and plan to plan. Many networks have changed as well. It makes sense to speak with us.
Why? Because the ACA (Obamacare) special enrollment period is a unique time this year that EVERYONE should reconsider their health coverage.
Taking 5 minutes to review your options can potentially save you hundreds – or even thousands – of dollars per year!
And if you take prescription drugs, or if you’re planning to have a baby or major surgery this year, you need to think carefully about your out-of-pocket medical costs as well as your monthly premiums.
In this article, we’ll answer the following questions for you about this special open enrollment season:
- What is open enrollment and when does it happen?
- Why should you shop for coverage during open enrollment?
- What should you know about subsidies for 2021?
- Where can you shop for 2021 health insurance plans?
- Why should you shop for health insurance through FloridaHealthAgency.com?
What is open enrollment and when does it happen?
Simply stated, open enrollment is the one time each year when anyone can apply for a new health plan. If you buy your own health insurance, it’s critical that you pay attention to open enrollment because health insurance prices can change every year.
The ACA (Obamacare) Covid special open enrollment period for 2021 ends on August 15, 2021. The next open enrollment period has not been announced yet, but it typically lasts for 45 days and is usually from November 1st to December 15th.
During any open enrollment period, you cannot be turned down for major medical coverage for not having certain qualifying life events.
Outside of open enrollment, you can generally only enroll in a major medical plan when you experience a qualifying life event (such as a marriage, divorce, new baby, adoption, permanent move, loss of other coverage, etc.).
Why should you shop during open enrollment?
You should shop for new coverage during open enrollment because it could save you money and help you avoid rate increases or negative changes to your benefits and coverage.
Due to Covid-19, our government approved a tax credit to help pay for health insurance, lowering your insurance premium payments, however this charge is not automatic. If you have not revised your application to reflect the new subsidy please contact us to do so for you by calling your Florida Health Agency agent. Additionally, you can also change your health insurance plan during this special enrollment period.
What should you know about subsidies for 2022?
The Affordable Care Act made government subsidies available to certain individuals and families earning 400% of the federal poverty level or less per year. These subsidies may be applied to your monthly health insurance premiums, making coverage more affordable.
Keep it simple: if you got subsidies in 2020, or if you may be eligible for subsidies in 2021, call us to look at new plans and re-enroll in subsidies during the 2021 open enrollment period.
Where can you shop for 2021 health insurance plans?
There are various ways you can enroll in a 2021 health insurance during open enrollment.
- Government Exchanges: You’ve probably heard about the government-run health insurance exchange in your state. Through the government exchange website, you can apply for government subsidies and enroll in a limited selection of subsidy-eligible health insurance plans.
- Private Marketplaces: Licensed private health insurance marketplaces like Florida Health Agency may be a better option. In most states, you can use private marketplaces like Florida Health to apply for government subsidies and find the same plans offered through your government exchange. But you’ll also get access to additional Obamacare plans that aren’t available through government websites. Plus, you can get free personal help from our licensed agents and access to terrific online tools that make it easier to compare plans and shop smart.
In addition to the options above, you may also be able to enroll through a brick-and-mortar health insurance agent in your town, or directly through an insurance company’s website.
Just remember: the BEST way to find the best plan for your personal needs and budget is to shop from a source that allows you to compare as many plans as possible from as many insurance companies as possible. You can’t really comparison shop if you can’t compare all your options!
Why should you shop for health insurance with Florida Health Agency?
When you shop for coverage at Florida Health Agency during the 2021 open enrollment period, you’ll get:
- Subsidies: In Florida, we can help you apply for government subsidies that can significantly lower your monthly premiums. You’ll get the same subsidies you would qualify for through a government website, with a superior customer experience. Subsidies are only available for qualified applicants, primarily based on income.
- Service: Our website makes shopping for coverage simple, and we have licensed agents available to provide you with free personal help and advice when you need it, at no extra cost to you. At Florida Health Agency we’ve been selling health insurance since 2008 and we’re rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we have earned over 150 5-star Google reviews from our satisfied and happy customers.
- Selection: Florida Health Agency offers a huge selection of quality health insurance plans from insurance companies in Florida both on and off the exchange. We also provide health programs that avoid tax penalties but are outside of the insurance arena.
Why shop anywhere else? Subsidies. Service. Selection. Local knowledge. Florida Health Agency makes Obamacare easy.
We know. We care. YOU decide!
This website and its contents are for informational purposes only. Nothing on the website should ever be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult with your medical provider regarding diagnosis or treatment for a health condition, including decisions about the correct medication for your condition, as well as prior to undertaking any specific exercise or dietary routine.
Florida Health Agency is a licensed health insurance agency certified to sell Medicare products. We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all your options.